Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Part way there

My OMG  for March was to get my ever increasing scrap pile sorted into colours, make a start on getting them cut up and throw out anything less than  2/12" square as well as having something teal completed.

So far this is the result of that goal - scraps not sorted into colour but a start has been made on getting some of them cut up into various sizes.    Of course this cutting bigger pieces into smaller pieces has created a big pile of future  21/2" squares as can be seen below.  


I did however manage to finish off something teal.    There is a big leap from teal to aqua - which most of my scraps were - so I did fudge it and call my scraps light teal.    This was moved from being sandwiched and quilted to being bound and declared another finished quilt for PICU.   



Thanks goes to Patty at Elm Street Quilts  for organising us again into moving projects along the line.

Linking with Midweek Makers
                      Put Your foot down
                      TGIFF
 
Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That's a gorgeous little quilt for PICU made in some of my favourite colours.

Well done on completing your OMG this month and getting your scraps trimmed and sorted. It's such a time consuming task, but worth it in the end.

Marly said...

Lovely quilt for the unit. You will have so much pleasure from your sorted scraps! I really should get down to it too!

Janice said...

Well done. You’ve hit a few goals there.

Bethan said...

Such a lovely PICU quilt x

Fiona said...

great little PICU quilt. Organising scraps can take ages …. but so much easier to use one done...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Your "teal" look-a-like quilt is gOrgeOus Karen. Well done on completing your OMG this month.
Having scraps on hand always makes a project easier to start too... xox

Sharon - IN said...

Lovely quilt for PICU! Playing with scraps is always an adventure!

Maria said...

Such a fabulous Teal quilt for PCUI and great use of the colour for RSC too.
I've been working on cutting up scraps too and making a quilt from the 2 1/2" blocks. Other sizes are tuck away for QAYG blocks and a quilt.

Kathy S. said...

Love the colors of the quilt. I was once a recipient of an NICU quilt when our son was born. I was so touched that quilters did this. Now I do it as well. Thanks you for adding a comfort item to someone in need.

Ondrea said...

Love your quilt. I keep smaller pieces for applique.

For the love of geese said...

Great scrap quilt. I have a small basket of scraps I just cant motivate myself to doing anything with them.

Susan said...

Love the colors in the adorable little quilt!

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for liking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.