Monday, May 4, 2020

Time to bring out the knitting basket

While casting my eye around the sewing room the other day the knitting basket was spotted which has been sitting on top of a cupboard since last year.   Now that the weather is cooling down it is time to start thinking  about making some beanies.


Taking my basket, yarn, needles and green tea with a squeeze of lemon outside after lunch to enjoy the beautiful weather that we are having at present will be the ideal time to sit and knit.   I have been asked if I could make beanies for 6-8 year olds - both girls and boys.    There is plenty of yarn to knit up quite a few beanies.

I have been spending about an hour each day after lunch outside and good progress is being made on  my first beanie.    I am up to shaping the crown.


I will top it off with a pink pompom when finished.  All little girls love pink and purple.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I love the colourway of this beanie. Enjoy the sunshine!

Raewyn said...

That sounds like a nice routine to get into - some time in the sun knitting. Your first beanie is going to be gorgeous - especially with a pink pom-pom on top!

Sam I Am...... said...

How pretty is that! I finished a scarf a few weeks ago and need to get another knitting project going. I love the idea of a pink pom-pom too!

Fiona said...

thats going to be a lovely beanie.... especially with a pink pom pom..... Happy knitting.
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That's such a fun beanie and yep, a pom pom will be perfect. I've not met a 6 year old girl who doesn't love pink and purple.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A nice cosy project for the cooler weather xx

Cheryll said...

It will look wonderful... & YeS... all little girls love pink & purple...
Well done so far...xox

Narelle said...

Sounds like a lovely way to pass the time and enjoy some outdoor time in this cooler weather.

Janice said...

It’s definitely that time of year isn’t it. The beanie will be very cute. I’ve just started some crochet and funnily enough, have just enjoyed a cup of tea in my mug identical to yours.

Ondrea said...

Lovely yarn colours. It is nice to knit or crochet during cooler weather.