Saturday, July 15, 2023

The Week that Was and FNSI

First up is verdict on the taste test of the coconut and lemon slice.    It was declared delicious by a few friends when served with a cup of coffee for afternoon tea and divine when it was served the next day as a dessert topped with greek style yogurt and blueberries.   The recipe is below if interested.

Easy One Bowl Coconut Lemon Slice - No Mixer - Recipe Winners

Miss M has been staying with us over the past week and with the glorious winter weather that we are having at present it was perfect to do some bushwalking - Miss M likes to climb up and down rocks.


We also went on a ferry trip from Manly into the City.   As you can see the sun is just glistening on the water.   I think that it was the most calm trip across the harbour that I have ever had.    Just like being in a bathtub.   


During the week Grandpa and I had an intense lesson on Beanie Boos.    We now know everything that there is to know about Beanie Boos including names and birthdays.     Miss M arrived with a few of her favourites and after a shopping expedition to the local shopping mall there have been quite a few more added to her collection. 


As you can see the quilt that was made for her 10th birthday is on the bed.    Hubs and I decided to give it to her early as it will be too hot to use in October when her actual birthday is.    She loved it and her parents were over the moon with it as I was.    It  went home with her yesterday.   

When having some quiet time Miss M turned all 50 library bags inside out for me.


Last night when joining in with FNSI saw me starting to thread the draw strings through.   It was a good job to do while BH& G was on.    I managed to complete about 20  before calling it a night.


They will be dropped off to the co-ordinator on Tuesday afternoon and I offered to take another 50 that have been cut out and ready to sew.  

Last week I finished reading Red Sky over Hawaii which I really enjoyed as it was set on the big island of Hawaii around the volcano region.   Hubs and I have visited that area and I could visualise it while reading the book.    Even though it was set during  World War 11 there was very little mention of the war.


The second book is a follow on from the Alphabet Sisters  - which I  had previously read -  but did not realise this when choosing the book.    It could be read "alone" but does make reference back to certain events in the Alphabet Sisters that would not really make much sense if it had not been read.    

Best get off the computer as some domestics and shopping needs to be done.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

12 comments:

dq said...

It sounds like you had sweet time with Miss M. I didn't know about Beanie Boos either. They are cute.
MIss M will love the quilt!

Lin said...

Sounds like a lovely visit - especially as she helped out with your bags lol. I shall have to look up Beanie Boos! Great quilt - glad she loved it. xx

Maria said...

So good to have lovely weather while Miss M was visiting.
She did a good job helping you by turning the bags right way round.

Susan said...

Beanie Boos??? mmm must have a look.
Great to have a little helper.

I really enjoyed Alphabet Sisters so I look out for the follow-up.

Fiona said...

Miss M must love coming for a visit with you..... lovely to have that time and make such great memories....
Well done with all the library bags....

Hugz

Ondrea said...

I can't believe Miss M is nearly 10! Lol , my girls used to have Beanie babies. Love the quilt!Well done completing so many bags , must have been tedious at times. I read Monica's books some years ago and can't remember them much. Haven't got that one though.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ButterZ said...

Oh those bags. And you’re getting more … well done . Good to spend time with miss M…

Janice said...

It sounds like you had some really nice quality time with Miss M. Love her new quilt. Well done on finishing all those library bags and taking in more. I’ve just printed out the recipe to try.

jude's page said...

Making lovely memories with Miss M. Have read the book of Hawaii and enjoyed it

Chookyblue...... said...

Mr Chooky loves that lemon slice......
looks like a fun time with the little Miss.........