Friday, November 10, 2023

I am not a weightlifter despite.........

What some of the checkout operators think when packing my shopping bags.   I find that some operators put so many items into one bag that it is quite a heavy task to grab it with both hands and haul it up from the conveyor belt and over into the trolley.    With this in mind 3 smaller bags were made during the week and a few more will be added over the coming weeks.  


While in the sewing room churning out the bags and working on a couple of other projects this audiobook was playing alongside me.


The handtowels are progressing well.    They now all  have their tops sewn and pinned on ready to be stitched and buttonholes to be done.


I also made a very quick and easy custom made set of 2 placemats for our kitchen bench during the week.


Next item on the agenda is to make something out of these leftover bindings.


I hope to have the item/s finished for my next post.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

I think all checkout operators feel they need to stuff the bags to overflowing. I carry one large bag shopping into which there is about 10 or 12 smaller bags so i have plenty to spread the shopping out over but they still jam pack the bags. Love the bags you are making.

jude's page said...

I know what you mean about the shopping bags being too heavy. Just catching up on your recent posts and you certainly have been busy, with your sewing and your days out and about.

Lin said...

A big shopping bag always seems like a good idea until.... We fill our own here so not such a problem although my husband will always try and get everything in one bag if he can lol. Doing well with those hand towels and I really must make us some new place mats! xx

Susan said...

Sometimes the operator will ask how much I want in one bag . . sometimes not.. and why - when I have carefully placed things in the order I want them packed - do they need to pick things from the back of the conveyor belt?? LOL

Very productive as always Karen!

Fiona said...

I'm with you on the shopping bags, they can get very heavy - those ones look very smart too.... lots of different projects - look forward what you make up with the left over bindings...
Hugz

Jo said...

I agree about the bags. They put so much into them but I’m not sure why. I also seperate into how it will be put away. Pantry, laundry, fridge bathroom etc. Somehow they mix them all up. But why??????

Janice said...

Smart thinks there with your new shopping bags. I wonder what you will make with those leftovers?

Maria said...

I know what you mean about overloading our grocery bags. Great idea to make smaller bags.
Great pile of hand towels.
Look forward to seeing what you make with the left overs.
Thanks, have downloaded that book.