Wednesday, November 15, 2023

In and out of the sewing room and 2 fq challenge reveal

The purpose of those leftover bindings and other leftover strips was to make myself drawstring bags.  This is the result


And the reason for making them is that I like to have 4 beanies on the go at various stages of construction at anyone time.


In the past they were all stored in this bag together


Everytime I put my hand in to take out the knitting it somehow get itself into a mess and time had to be spent unraveling a big tangled lump of yarn and rummaging around the bottom of the bag to find knitting needles.    No more.


All four now neatly stored in their respective bags.  

During the week hubs and I met up with friends for lunch.   I could not go past the linguine with roast vegetables 


My quilting group's 2 fat quarter challenge reveal was last Saturday and some great ideas came out of it.


Good progress is being made with putting the tops on the handtowels.  More on that later as I am off to Spotty this morning to buy more buttons.   I hope that nothing else slides off the shelf into my basket!!!!!  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh nice fq ideas. I do like the 2 fold zipper pouch.
Great idea for your knitting too.

Lin said...

The fq challenge delivered some great makes. Good idea to keep your knitting projects separate. xx

Maria said...

Your knitting projects look great in their bags…
Delicious lunch you enjoyed…
Lots of good ideas come out of the FQ challenge.

Fiona said...

Great idea to have a bag for each.... and they look so good in a row too! loved seeing all the different projects from the challenge...
Hugz

Susan said...

Excellent idea about keeping the beanies separate!
Good projects from your fat quarter challenge.