Saturday, November 25, 2023

November OMG and Lucky Me.......

I was the winner of  September's  FNSI and won the $30.00 voucher from Kitty Rose Cottage .  My choice was this gorgeous charm pack  which arrived in the mail yesterday.    Thank you Dawn.  I will have fun thinking up a project for such pretty fabrics.


My OMG for November was complete all 19 handtowels and that was achieved.  Thank you Anne-Marie for organising this again.   More finishes can be seen here.  


Our new book club book is


Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I know that you should not judge a book by its cover but........reading the back cover I would be offering it to an 8 year old child.   Time will tell.     I do have until the end of January to get through it but have a few books ahead of it to read first including this one.


All of my  market stall sewing is now complete and mostly priced which leaves me with  my own sewing for Christmas.    I have a list which I am making my way through.    More on that later.

The weather for the past 2 weeks has been rather drab and damp in respect to getting out and about for the day but great inroads have been made into my Christmas shopping.    I was feeling very disappointed a couple of weeks when I spent 2 hours walking around the biggest shopping centre in the northern beaches and only came home with a litre of milk.   It was time to sit down, put on the thinking cap, write a list and work from that.     I am pleased to report that there is only one left to buy for and then my mission will be completed on Monday.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Lin said...

Congratulations on your win Karen. xx

Janice said...

That’s a nice little prize. Have fun with it. Well done on getting everything ready for your stall. And good luck finishing off your Christmas stitching and shopping. I haven’t even thought about Christmas shopping. I’ll be interested to hear how your books go.

Maria said...

Nice win Karen.
Well done with your stall sewing and Christmas shopping.
Like Janice I haven’t done anything yet.

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on your win and your finish of all the towels. I'm unfamiliar with that book, but I do love the cover.

Fiona said...

Heaps of hand towels done... great work and well done with the lovely prize - I do like your choice..... Christmas shopping is not my favourite - there is just so much out there - glad you have most of yours done....
Hugz

Susan said...

Well done on your market stall stuff...Christmas shopping can be "tiresome" - glad to hear you got it sorted. I agree about the cover of the book - does sound a bit childish...Do you need to practice belly dancing while reading the other book??? LOL

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on your win, that is lovely fabric. You are super organised with your Christmas shopping. I enjoy Liz Bryski books, if the other book is for 8 year olds you will have it read in no time!! Well done on your stall sewing.

dq said...

I love those kind of hand towels where you can hang them on the oven handle.