Saturday, December 2, 2023

December OMG, FNwF and Santa came early........

To me.    He knew that I had been looking for a new sewing machine but was not going to replace my current one unless the new one had a much bigger throat which most of the sewing machines do not have.   

It has all the features of my current machine and a bonus  - which I was not aware of when purchasing the machine  - of a knee lifter.    

Santa was kind and said that I could use it now.   I did not need to be told twice and as you can see the box has been ripped into.  It is a beautiful machine to use and the extra throat space is amazing.  

This brings me to this month's OMG which is to sew my way through this list well before the end of the month as these items are Christmas gifts.

I have also had a request from my mother to make her 5 fold up shopping bags for some of her friends. 

Last night when joining in with FNwF I finally finished off my last two shopping bags. 

This now gives me a total of 5.   

Thanks Anne-Marie for moving us along with OMG and Cheryll for having the "gang" around again last night.   

Better get myself moving as the 5 small covered notebooks and mini pot holder grabbers are needed this coming week when meeting up with friends for Christmas lunches.  

Christmas tree and decorations are going up today along with writing Christmas cards and wrapping purchased gifts.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Janice said...

Now, that’s a nice Christmas gift. Enjoy playing with your new toy.

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on the new machine! Good luck with your goals. I like those bags.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic gift Karen! Love the bags, great fabric.

Maria said...

What a fabulous gift. I’ve had a knee lift on my last two machines and love it.
Great bags and good luck making your gifts.
No Christmas decos going up this year or card sending for me.

Lin said...

Lovely new machine! Jolly shopping bags, good luck with your list. xx

Susan said...

Enjoy your machine - the bigger throat will make a world of difference. I personally do not use my knee lift...its a pain..but if you can train yourself - you will possibly love it.

happy Christmas sewing.

Fiona said...

Fabulous new machine.... what fun to play with....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Lovely early gift from Santa.
Thank you for joining in FNwF in 2023.
Merry Christmas to you & the family...xox

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! Enjoy your new sewing machine. The wide throat will be great for quilting. Love the bags.

Jo said...

How nice and lucky you.
I’d like to know how you made the fold up shopping bags.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG how exciting a new machine........thats wonderful......