Friday, December 8, 2023

Twinkling lights......

All around the City from the largest Christmas tree in NSW

To hotel foyers

A Christmas tree made up entirely of teddy bears (first one I have seen like this)

Office building lobbies


And to laneways 

Which all made for a very festive feeling while I made my way through the City.

After my day out it was time to make a start on the Christmas sewing list.    All 5 bags that my mother requested are now finished and have been delivered to her.

Next items on the list to be given priority were the 5 small notebooks that were to be covered

Along with the 5 mini pot holder grabbers

While the sewing was happening this audiobook was keeping me company.

And my bedtime reading is 

While it is fiction it is based on fact.   Set in 1946 it is the story of over 650 Australian war brides travelling to England aboard the Victoria to meet up with the men that they married during wartime. 

So getting back to my Christmas sewing list that only leaves the set of three placemats that need to be sewn.   The fabrics have been chosen all ready to go.  

Hubs and I had some domestics and routine shopping to do this morning and then stopped off on the way home for some lunch.   I could not pass up the rainbow bowl.   It was a delicious light meal for such a hot day.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all 

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

You are doing super well with your sewing for Christmas Karen. The Christmas decorations look amazing.

Lin said...

People have a lot of imagination when it comes to Christmas decs - I love the giant parcel and the teddy bears. Nice makes ticked off your list. xx

Janice said...

The city is looking very festive. Mick and I had hoped to have a day trip down to see the decorations, but it is now looking highly unlikely, what with this crazy hot weather. No fun with temps in the mid 30s. You’ve done well to get all your stitching done and your lunch looks delicious.

Maria said...

So many lovely Christmas decorations in the city.
Your really on a roll with your sewing.
Both books look great.

Fiona said...

Fun going and looking at the Christmas decor... some lovely ones there... you have done heaps of sewing too. I see it's going to be extra hot there so maybe more indoors activities - I would have chosen the rainbow salad too - looks yum. I enjoyed that book - nice light reading and makes you think we have come a long way as far as expectations on people...

Hugz

Ondrea said...

Oooo that book is so me! On the list now. So many beautiful festive things to see.More lovely projects completed.

Jo said...

That’s a super great teddy Christmas tree. How fun are the displays.

jude's page said...

Just catching up on blog reading, am a tad behind...you have been busy, new sewing machine looks great, and Christmas, I better think about that when I get home in a few days.

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing the christmas joy.........looks so pretty..........don't get to see much out here........