Friday, December 29, 2023

A Zoom session and a challenge

Wednesday morning saw myself joining in with Chookyblue and other Chookshed stitchers for a Zoom session

However I was only able to join in for a short time due to another commitment and at some point after my leaving the group a discussion followed when it was decided that a challenge would be organised by Deana from Dreamworthy Quilts.  This challenge is as follows

If you would like to join, make a list of ten sewing related items or goals you want to work on in 2024, and post it to your blog on or before January 1st.  You can join late, but the first number will be posted January 1st.  Each month, January through October, I will draw a number.  That will be the number from our list we all work on together in blogland.  Blog your progress through the month to keep us all motivated.

Your list can include any sewing goal you set for yourself.  Make it reachable.  Here are some ideas:
  • finish a project (name the project)
  • work on a project (name the project)
  • make a block (name the project)
  • start a new project - can be open to any new start
Your goals can be whatever you choose. One member of the group plans to make three lists - one for sewing, one for yarn projects, and one for decluttering.

At this point I have no plans this coming year to make another quilt but who knows when I will weaken as there is plenty of fabric in the stash and many ideas in my head however at this stage my projects for 2024 will be smaller items again as they have been in the past year.   So my list of 10 items is as follows

 1.    Apple shaped pot holders

2.    Reading cushions

3.    Heat packs

4.    Garment making for myself

5.    Knit 4 beanies, sew them up and make a pom pom  for each

6.    Cross body bags

7.    12 bowl cosies

8.    A mystery project

9.    Snap top small make up bags

10.  Baby bibs

I look forward to seeing which number is called first and what the other Chookshed stitchers have nominated as their 10 items. 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

7 comments:

dq said...

Love your list, Karen. I have no doubt that you will completely finish every one of them plus more. Glad you joined the challenge.

Janice said...

It was great to see you in Zoom, if only briefly. I thought you would be able to come up with plenty of projects to fill the list. I reckon you will have more finishes than most of us with your small projects.

Chookyblue...... said...

great to see you on zoom.......I could not remember seeing 16 people on screen but the girls said that was the most.......I do remember no I see a pic......
welcome to the challenge and I am sure you will meet the goals.......

Maria said...

Oh I see you are joining in the challenge and many of your projects are for the markets.👍

loulee said...

Was great to see you on zoom.
That looks like a very doable list you have there. Have fun.

kiwikid said...

Great list Karen. Good to see you and your cicadas yesterday!! Looking forward to seeing your creations appear.

Hanne said...

I am so looking forward to participate in the challenge :-)
I am looking forward to see what you will make.