Thursday, December 14, 2023

A very successful Christmas market stall

I was very pleased with the result ....the $ value taken far exceeded my expectations considering the market was on from 9 am to midday and only open to residents of the Village.  




I sold all 4 reading cushions as well as all of the bowl cosies along with the snap top glasses cases, small snap top make up bags, the Christmas tree trivets, little girls bags  and the apple shaped pot holders.  Other good selling items were the cross body bags, babies bibs, wine bottle gift bags and kitchen hanging hand towels.   I sold a couple sets of placemats, tooth fairy pillows, mini Christmas stockings (all of those sold last year so it is hard to judge what will sell on the day) and tabletoppers.  One or two of the other items were also sold.  

I was approached by one lady and asked if I would make her some adult bibs.  I did say that I would go and see her early in the New Year to discuss.   

And the last item on my to do Christmas list was a set of 3 placemats.    The recipients are very interested in ancient Egypt and I thought that this fabric had "their name" on it.


That completes my OMG for December so I can sit back and enjoy the lead up to Christmas without any pressure. 


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Lin said...

Your stall looks wonderful Karen and you obviously know your customers tastes! Congratulations. xx

Jo said...

It’s time to relax now. No pressure.

Maria said...

What a wonderful successful market stall, well done.
Time to relax now till you need to get ready for the next one.

Cheryll said...

You had lots of wonderful items to buy by the pic. Congrats on your success.
Merry Christmas & see you again in 2024. xx

Janice said...

I’m so pleased that your stall was very successful. Enjoy some time to recover and prep for Christmas Day

cityquilter grace said...

so glad you can relax now and you had a successful stall....love the new machine!

Ondrea said...

Woohoooo! Well done!

kiwikid said...

Well done Karen!! Your stall looked great, nice to see you are getting follow up orders.

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on a successful sale!

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased the stall went well.........makes it worth the effort.......