Saturday, December 30, 2023

Best of 2023

Linky Party is being held again over at Meadow Mist Designs.    Going back over my blog posts for the last year was fun and brought back memories that I had forgotten about.   

The project that dominated the first half of the year was the quilt for Miss M made from fabric that I was gifted last Christmas.  After much research on the net and other sources I came up with a pattern that I thought would work for these fabrics.    Some of the fabrics needed to be fussy cut in order for the design on the fabric to be showcased.     Done and dusted was how I felt about this project after working on it for quite sometime.


Out of 1 metre of fabric I was able to sew a set of two placemats, an apron and 1 bowl cosy with a bit left over which is still sitting in the stash waiting to be made into a hot pad.


Reading cushions, pear shaped pot holders and little girls bags all sold well at my recent Christmas market stall




A 2 fat quarter challenge was issued by my quilt group.  After much research and deliberation a drawstring bag was decided on.  


You can head on over here to see more best of 2023.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Moon Garden is such a beautiful, colorful, fun quilt!!! I enjoyed seeing all your small projects, too!!!

Janice said...

You did have a good year on the sewing front, with so many finishes. I hope 2024 is equally successful

kiwikid said...

You had a very productive year Karen.

dq said...

I think I made that same bag at my Christmas retreat. Cute.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on such a productive 2023, such beautiful makes! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023.

JanineMarie said...

What a fun variety of projects! Fussy cutting was worth it on that quilt. The details in the prints are breathtaking.