Thursday, October 19, 2023

2 Fat Quarter Challenge

 A 2 fat quarter challenge was issued by our quilt group's co-ordinator - make anything you like using only 2 fat quarters and embellishments can be used if desired.    Over the course of a couple of weeks time was spent on Pinterest but nothing really "grabbed me" .  I did mention in a previous post my dilemma and Maria from Life on the Block came to my rescue with a link to a you-tube video for a drawstring bag using 2 fat quarters.     After checking out  the video my decision was made.    In my haste to make the bag I forgot to photograph my 2 fat quarters but did so after the fact.   Photo below shows what was left over and the ribbon embellishment.


And here is the result of that suggestion.


I love the way the lining peaks through the front and back of the bag.   

It will be interesting to see what the other members of my quilting group did with their 2 fat quarters.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

5 comments:

Janice said...

How cute. The fabrics are perfect. A great suggestion by Maria.

Jeanette said...

Cute bag & pretty fabrics.

Lin said...

I think I have made one of those - back in the dim and distant lol. It's a great pattern and yours is lovely using those pretty fabrics. Do please share what everyone else makes - new ideas always welcome! xx

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your bag is really cute! Love those fabrics!

Fiona said...

That's a great little bag .....
Hugz