Friday, January 1, 2016

Best of 2015

While doing some blog hopping today I chanced across this challenge - Best of 2105 - and thought what a great way to quickly review  what I have sewn during the year. Linking with


Mostly it has been clothes and items for my granddaughter as I scroll back through the various posts made this year.

Chalkboard Fabric

Then there is the UFO quilt that just kept getting pushed back in the queue.

French Braid


The quickest quilt that I have ever made

A quick quilt


What started a year long project of making a wall/door hanger  for my granddaughter's room to represent each month of the year.   This was the first one that started off that idea.

FNSI


And lastly during a clean up of my sewing room  this week I uncovered a few UFO's that had somehow found their way to the bottom of drawers so being the end of one year and the start of a New Year it was time to finish them off - some have ended up having a design change from the original idea - but they are now well on the way to be being completed.

Odds and Ends

So that is the year of 2015 in relation to my sewing.    I look forward to 2016 being the year of making more quilts.    I do have several ideas running around in my head and hope to put those into action very soon.

Back soon with some piccies of the completed items and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Quilts By Laurel said...

I love all of these, but my favorite is the french braid quilt! So pretty! :)

Cheryl said...

Great finishes! Thanks so linking up!

Anthea said...

Some lovely finishes for your during the year Karen! And here's to more of that this year too!

Ondrea said...

What a lovely display of projects. Happy new year.

Käthe said...

Happy new year !
Regards
Käthe

Shirlwin said...

You have had a productive year!! I love the french braid quilt, it is so effective.
Happy New Year Karen.