Friday, January 22, 2016

FNSI

I was able to make an early start on my FNSI today and not feel guilty that I had planned to do some gardening because that plan was washed out due to storm cells and heavy rain so off to my dry sewing room it was.   I had time earlier during the week to rummage around in my  scrap baskets and collect  fabrics for February's Sun Bonnet Sue.

It was easy to pick the theme as Valentine's Day is celebrated in February so I have called Sue "Be My Valentine".

I even surprised myself and was able to FMQ a couple of hearts.   The photo below shows one of them.

I also finished off the pleating on the cushion cover and added on the outside border.  I need to take a progress photo of that one.

Thank you Wendy for hosting the first FNSI for 2016 and I look forward to being productive for the remaining 11.    I do have a list that I want to work through.      So it is time to go and do some blog hopping to see what everyone else is doing to start off the New Year.

Linking with One Monthly Goal 

  Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,well done my friend it looks fantastic xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Perfect place to be. Well done!

Unknown said...

Your little Sunbonnets always make me smile :) Lovely :)

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you were in the best place!! Lovely sunbonnet and great quilting!

Maria said...

Pretty Sunbonnet Sue... Great FMQed hearts.

Helen said...

She is so cute and your quilting looks great Karen.

Anonymous said...

What a nice work!
She is so cute...

Narelle said...

Such a sweet Sue and love your heart quilting :)

Michelle said...

Your Sue Bonnet is really sweet!

Janet said...

Looks like you accomplished a lot! I love Sunbonnet Sue. So cute.

Ondrea said...

So cute. Love your fmq hearts. Clever you!

Anonymous said...

I love your Sue, and that looks like a great heart. I can longarm them, but never could do it FMQ!

Heidi said...

Valentine Sue is adorable! Good job meeting your goal, and quilting hearts:)