Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 16

I know that I am signing up at the last minute for RSC16 but I only just "stumbled" across this blog the other day when doing some blog hopping as one does from time to time.   So I have a bit of catching up to do.   Fortunately I do have most of my little scraps fairly well organised into old ice cream containers so it was not too much of a challenge to go digging around to find the colour for January which is blue with purple accents.

Some of the fabrics have a bit of purple in them others do not but I think that they will look OK when all put together.  I have decided to go with a suggested design which is called Square Root of  9.  



Today was a good day to make a start as I was advised that our broadband service is being upgraded in our area and we will be without any phone, tv connection and only very spasmodic internet for up to 6 hours so out with the ironing board and iron to iron the fabrics to be cut into 2 1/2" squares.

All cut and ready for sewing

The project  that I have been working on for the last year which was to make a wall/door hanger for my granddaughter's room to represent each month of the year will come to an end next month and I have been looking for a new challenge so when I saw the  Rainbow Scrap Challenge 16 I knew that this just what I was looking for.

Heading off to my sewing room to make a start on sewing my 9 patches together so that I do not get too far behind as the next colour will be revealed very soon.    Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all


2 comments:

Sheila said...

You have some beautiful blue prints. So happy you found the RSC. I look forward to seeing what you sew each week.

Jennifer said...

welcome to RSC! this is my third year participating, and I'm having a ball! (and making lots of quilts from stash...)