Monday, October 23, 2023

Don 't you just hate it when.......

You have spent the last 2 or more hours watching a movie or sometime reading a book and the ending leaves you hanging.....what did happen????????

That is what happened to me last night.   I have been reading this book for the past week

And there was only about 40 pages remaining to be read which I was determined to do last night before turning the light off and going to bed as I needed to know if the main character returned to the man that she left 15 years ago due to circumstances beyond her control and had never stopped loving or stayed with the man that she had built a life with over the past 15 years.    On reaching the last page  my eyes skimmed to the last sentence.

"I open my mouth, and I answer"

WHAT - what sort of ending is that. 

Now I will be wondering forever what her decision was.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

7 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm with you. I won't read an author again when they end a book on a cliffhanger. That's not cool.

Fiona said...

Haha.... I enjoy her books and she often leaves you to decide on which way the ending is.... I haven't read that one....
Hugz

Jeanna said...

Oh my goodness. I can see ending on a cliff hanger if there is a sequel. As much as I love a good plot twist, I HATE a cliff hanger.

Janice said...

Is there a sequel, or is that it? If that’s it, why not finish the tale?

kiwikid said...

Maybe there is a sequel>> I hate a book that does not give me a clear ending, so disappointing!

Janet O. said...

I understand books having a sequel, but let each book resolve the issues around which it was written. Then, if I like the characters and writing enough, I would be happy to read the next adventures. But this kind of thing leaves me cold.

jude's page said...

I can understand how you felt, leaves you very much up in the air!!