Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Planes, trains and automobiles.......

But in my case on Monday it was a matter of buses, ferries, light rail, trains and a walk to get to this street and why this street you ask........


Because of this


This is one of the best streets in Sydney to see jacaranda trees in all their glory and it certainly did not disappoint.   




I decided to continue playing tourist in my own town and walked back up the hill and down the other side towards Milsons Point wharf to catch the ferry back across the harbour.


Even though I live on the north side of the harbour bridge and have to cross it to get into the City it was a novelty to be under  it on the  northern side looking back to the opera house and city skyline.


 

After my day out time to head on home and organise some dinner.    Pizza was on the menu and I always make my own - that way I get to choose exactly what I want and how much of what I want.  My favourite is pumpkin, mushroom, feta cheese,  green Sicilian olives  and when taken out of the oven a handful of roquette sprinkled over the top.  



Back soon  and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Janice said...

How beautiful. Definitely worth the effort to get to see them. Whenever we are travelling north at this time of year we love seeing them. Your day of exploring sounds lovely. So much to see in Sydney. Pizza looks delicious.

Lin said...

Those trees are stunning and how lovely to spend time on a boat and under that bridge! What a great day out and dinner looks delicious too. xx

Jo said...

It is so wonderful to have a tourist look around your own town. The pizza sounds delicious.

kiwikid said...

Those trees are beautiful! What a great day out, it is good to be a tourist in your own place now and then. The pizza sounds wonderful.

Fiona said...

The Jacaranda's do look lovely .... they are pretty around here too. Nothing nicer than home made pizza...

Hugz

Maria said...

Sure was worth the visit to the street to view the beautiful Jacarandas in full bloom.
Great day out and a delicious pizza for dinner too.

Susan said...

Well done on your OMG achievements (the other post... I'm trying to catch up)
Jacaranda trees are so glorious...fortunately, there are quite a number in BNE
Lovely trip.

Susan said...

I'm just doing a test here...ignore me