Friday, October 13, 2023

Watch out for the hand sanitiser......

When driving to the local shopping centre early one morning this week I along with other drivers were pulled over to the side of the road for a breathalyzer test.    When asked the question have you been drinking I could truthfully answer NO.    I was asked to count to 10 and  then informed by the officer that the machine could be picking up the alcohol in the handsanitiser that was sitting in the console alongside my seat.   I was then informed that I would have to blow into a tube until told to stop.


If there was still a reading I would have to sit for 15 mins and then be tested again.   At this stage I had visions of being pulled from my car and hauled off to the local police station for a blood test.   A vivid imagination does not pay at times.   

After blowing into the tube I was told all good, off you go and have a good day.  Something to be aware of for the  future.......put the sanitiser in the glove box.   

Back into the sewing room and the latest item to be ticked off the list is the glasses cases. 


Next item on the "to do list"  is reading cushions and the heat packs are sewn but not filled with rice.  The aim is to tackle these this week.   

A challenge has been issued by my quilt group - make any item using 2 fat quarters only.    Embellishments can be added if desired so much research has been happening but no decision as yet.  This needs to be addressed quickly as it is due in November.   

I saw this pot of gorgeous orchids on one of my walks during the week.


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Lin said...

Lucky escape there lol! Great glass cases and such pretty orchids. xx

Maria said...

Lucky I keep my hand sanitiser in my bag.
Here's a free pattern for a drawstring bag using two fat quarters you may like to make for the challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfumP5AkrLw

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is funny about the hand sanitizer. Glad you didn't get hauled off!
Nice glass cases. Those should be popular.
The orchids took my breath away. So much more lush looking than any orchids I grow indoors.
I'm curious to see what you come up with using the two FQs.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gee that's so interesting about the sanitiser. I have mine in my console. Love the glasses cases and your orchids are beautiful. I had a showing if these this year too. Yours look so lush x

kiwikid said...

Interesting about the hand sanitiser, I have one sitting in the side door pocket!
Lovely glasses cases and that orchid is stunning.

Janice said...

Who’d have thought hand sanitizer would set off a breathalyser. I love the glasses cases. The pops of colour work well.