I seem to have been working on this quilt for quite sometime and I was hoping to have it finished for Mothers Day as a gift for mum which I achieved as I did the last of the "tidying up" at 9.30 last night and I must say that I am pleased with the way it has turned out. I was having doubts about it along the way as I was working on it from a picture I saw and only knew that it was made using 5" squares.
I like the way the stars seem to "pop out". The quilt appears to have a three dimensional effect.
And for those who are interested here is a piccie of the flipside
I have taken the last week off work and whilst out and about I took the opportunity to do a bit more stash building as can be seen below.
I am toying up with doing another quilt the same as the one above only this time using batik fabrics. I will have to do more thinking and magazine research on this before making my final decision. Then again I really enjoyed doing the "tube" method. Decisions, decisions.