Saturday, April 9, 2011

Three bags full.............

I just love making bags, bags and more bags so to fulfil this passion of sewing and buying fabric I made the three bags shown in the piccie below. Three of my friends known affectionately as "the girls" will be recipients when we meet for our girls night out next month. Each has their favourite colour so I tried to match the bags accordingly. After knowing them for over 25 years I hope that I got their colours right! My next project is a mystery quilt which I am doing alongside the other ladies in my sewing group. Instructions for cutting have been issued and next month we get the sewing instructions for the first block. Doing a mystery quilt is harder than I thought as I agonise over fabric choice for far too long but now I have a timeframe to work within I just have "to do it" and hope for the best. Progress shots to follow soon. Happy sewing to all

4 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

They are all lovely, Karen. I am sure your friends will just love them! The blue/green one is the one I like best colour-wise. :)

Vicki ♥ said...

Your friends will love them Karen and doing mystery BOMs are interesting and at least you get to do the blocks :)

Liz said...

I am sur your friends will love the bags. Such beautiful colors

Shirlwin said...

Lucky friends Karen! I am sure 'the girls' will love them.