Tuesday, October 8, 2013

All my life I have been known as......

A daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, friend, wife, mother and today I became a grandma.  At 2.25 am our dear son and lovely daughter-in-law presented myself and hubby with our first grandchild.     Ten minutes after she made her way into the world our son phoned to congratulate us on becoming grandparents, all went well with the birth and "mum she is just perfect".    As soon as visiting time was allowed this morning both of us were at the hospital to be with the happy but tired parents and  to welcome the new addition to our family. He was right - she is perfect.     So without further ado I would like to show you all 3 kgs and 50 cm of our granddaughter.



That is me having my first nurse and I hope that there will be many more to come.   It certainly brought back happy memories of our children.  

Over the last nine months I have had my foot flat to the pedal - DDIL was very good and let me have free range in choosing fabrics for whatever I decided to make.

I will be back very soon to show you what me and my machine have been up to lately.

In the meantime happy sewing.

5 comments:

barb's creations said...

Congratulations grandma Karen, she looks soooo tiny :) Barb.

secondhandrose said...

Congratulations Karen, that is lovely news.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Wonderful news, Grandma. xxxx

Ondrea said...

Congratulations Grandma!!! Wooohooo! What a lucky baby to have a grandma like you. Many angel hugs to you and your family.

Susan said...

Congrats Grandma!!!!