Saturday, December 3, 2016

FNwF

The first Friday of the month means FNwF and for me this month I had to make an early start on my sewing as I had promised Miss M a special twirly  Christmas skirt to wear to her Christmas concert on Friday afternoon.    After breakfast I headed off to my sewing room to see what fabric I had that was suitable for a 3 tiered skirt and 2 hours later this is what was produced.  Nothing like a bit of pressure to get one moving.


Hubs and I arrived at the concert half an hour early so that a swap of clothes could be  made in time for Miss M's performance.    She was delighted with her twirly skirt as she sang and danced on stage with her class.

Thanks Cheryll for organising FNwF throughout the year - keeping us motivated to reach goals and be inspired by others.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

7 comments:

June's Jottings said...

Well done! Just looks like Kate's some 30 years ago. As Miss M grows, maybe add a green strip to the bottom of the skirt and maybe let out the elastic around the waist, and wallah!! a 'new' skirt for another Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a very cute skirt,bet it looked fantastic on her.

Maria said...

Lovely Christmas skirt for Miss M.
Yes I have also made the ruffle skirts for my DD s...

retdairyqueen said...

The twirly skirt is gorgeous
I bet she looked so cute

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the skirt... & I bet little Miss did too.
Thanks for joining in FNwF...xox

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful twirly skirt. She will look adorable in it.

Ondrea said...

How cute is that!!!! She will look gorgeous.