Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Best of 2017




Another year has nearly ended and it is nice to be able to look back and see what was achieved in the way of sewing during the year.    At the beginning it was decided that 3 items that had been hanging around my sewing room  were to be completed no matter what and I am pleased to say that that goal was reached. 

Firstly was my 365 daily circle quilt

 
Next on the list was the fairy quilt that I made for Miss M's big girl bed.


I had started a quilt on a retreat which sat around for sometime and so it was decided in order to get this one finished it was to become a tablerunner.


                                           
                                           
Then onto finish off the rainbow quilt


And of course the last finish for the year is my hexagon quilt which was started in 2010.


Thanks to Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs for hosting the Best of 2017 linky party.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all





14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great finishes! Happy New Year!

Danice G said...

What nice quilts. Looks like your year was very productive. Your work looks wonderful.

Maria said...

Congratulations on all beautiful finishes....

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love your hexis and circles (congrats on finishing that one!) COngrats on a great sewing year...

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen you had such beautiful finishes for the year,well done my friend xx

Ondrea said...

Gorgeous finishes.Your circle quilt is stunning and my fav is your hexi quilt. They are all so lovely. Hmmm, I really need to do finish a few this year.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilts, great finishes for the year!

Gretchen Wylegala said...

Wonderful finishes! Love the circle quilt! Happy New Year!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love your projects and isn't it great to have finishes. I did the Quilty 365 for 2016 and still have fond memories of the stitching.

Anthea said...

A feast of eye-candy there Karen... so many beautiful finishes... I will never tire of seeing your circles quilt; a fairly simple idea, yet so stunning in appearance!
x

Calicojoan said...

It's been a great year for you! Love that circle quilt.

JANDA Bend Quilts said...

I love the hexagon quilt! I am working on one as well. It is slow going. However your finish is inspiring me!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous quilts. Love your hexie one. Hugs,xx

Andree G. Faubert said...

Congrats on your finishes Karen. I've just been reading back about your hexagon quilt. I haven't done a project yet that involves sewing the hexies to a background fabric. That's for a future learning project.