Friday, September 21, 2018

Pink, pink and more pink

Time in my sewing room has been limited over the last few weeks due to life's pressures but I made sure that time was found today after doing some gardening.   I am just going to share some photos of my spring garden with you first




Now onto what I worked on during FNSI.    First item to be finished was the pink twirly birthday dress for Miss M and then after much debating over the last couple of days it was decided to go with a button and loop closure for the front of the summer nighties.

Getting these three items finished was my nominated goal for September.

   
Next waiting patiently in line to be worked on is my checker board quilt.    It has been pinned and just sitting there looking at me as up until today I have been debating on how to quilt it.  Several times I thought that I had the answer until I thought about it a bit more.      It is now under the needle and a start has been made.


Thanks Wendy for hosting FNSI and to have a look at what else has been happening in other crafty homes tonight pop on over here.


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all






20 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful Spring flowers in your garden..
A very pretty twirly dress for Miss M and lovely nighties. Lucky little girl.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful blooms celebrating spring Karen. What sweet little girl sewing. I think the thinking about what to do takes my energy than the doing.....true for me anyway! Your quilt looks lovely xx

Helen said...

Beautiful flowers, the dresses look so pretty.

Cheryll said...

Aren’t the Azaleas beautiful this year. Mine are so pretty too. Nice pics....xox

Unknown said...

Beautiful show of spring blooms. Such pretty little dresses.

Mia said...

Beautiful flowers, Karen. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. And the dressed you sewed are gorgeous. Hugs, my talented friend.

Narelle said...

Beautiful blossoms and sweet dresses.
Hope your quilting flows effortlessly for you.

Susie H said...

Oh! Oh! A finish soon! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a beautiful garden you have,such pretty flowering trees. Love Miss M's birthday dress and what cute nighties xx

Susan said...

Happy Spring to you - it goes too quickly in Brisbane and full on summer arrives too soon.
Love your garden flowers - and the nightdresses.

Susan said...

The garden is beautiful and goes right along with your pink dress theme!

grammajudyb said...

Ooh! I can't wait until my great grand girls are a bit bigger so I can sew for them. I know I could now, but they grow so fast at 1 and 2 that they barely get to wear them. So I will look forward to maybe 5 & 6. Nighties and twirly dresses are on the horizon!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

OMGoodness!! So love your flowers. I rarely can grow much of any blooming plants. I do have two of your second photo that do pretty good, but the blooms don't last two long. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful flowers, ours are all dying back for fall now. Sad to see them go so it was wonderful timing for you to show yours. Congrats on getting the little nightgowns finished.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely Spring flowers, and good work on the dress and the summer nighties.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Yourgarden looks great and those nighties are beautiful :)

Patty said...

Pretty dresses! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

DawnyK said...

Everything is so lovely. Congrats on getting started on the quilting!

Kim said...

One can never have too much pink, can one. Lots of pink happening down here too....isn't Spring a beautiful time of the year. The dress and nighties are very pretty and your quilt is looking wonderful

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty pink flowers and dresses! Pink is really a great color ;)