After cutting the necessary pieces out for some reason I shut the site down and started sewing by memory. Big mistake. I have no idea what made me sew both the main fabric and the lining fabric together especially when I have made enough bags to know that they are sewn separately, one inserted into the other, turned right way around then sewn together around the top.
Anyway after much unpicking and ironing my first fabric bin is completed.
I like to use a light coloured fabric for lining as it makes it easier to see what is lurking at the bottom and seeing that pink is the rainbow scrap colour for this month it fitted in perfectly. I did make one adjustment to the pattern and that was to sew a small triangle across each corner in order to make the bin corners stand up straighter as they tended to flop outwards even though I used a very stiff lining.
Back soon and in the meantime
Happy sewing all