Thursday, September 9, 2021

This Week in and out of the Sewing Room

It is time to head on outdoors to enjoy the summer like warmth and sunshine.    Over the course of this last week my walks have taken me around the gardens where I have seen  orchids - one growing out of a rock with no soil in sight.   



A riot of colour in garden beds


Passing the local school I could not go by without taking a photo of their version of "Spoonville"


A walk along the headland to see shimmering seas


Time to start the next book in the reading pile


And back in the sewing room a start has been made on outlining and free motion quilting some of the shapes in the panel that I am working on.


Two more beanies have been knitted but need to be sewn up and pom poms added.


And another started


I think that we have had 12 weeks in lockdown with another 5 to go at least - all depending on the rate of vaccination.    Time will tell.    The goal posts keep getting moved back.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Maria said...

How nice to enjoy all the pretty blooms and not have to do the work…
Great Spoonville made by the children….
That’s a lovely book, I’ve listened to it on BorrowBox….
Enjoy your quilting…

ButterZ said...

Spoon ville is so much fun. Happy knitting.

Chookyblue...... said...

Thanks for the walk..... Pretty flowers on your way.....

Cheryll said...

I'm just soooo over it... but at least we can visit each other virtually...
Lovely to walk with you around the neighbourhood & especially to see spoonville... xox

kiwikid said...

The orchids are beautiful, nice to see the flowers and the coast. I enjoyed that book too.
Well done with the beanies, love your sheep!

Janet O. said...

I have lots of orchids in my home, but they don't grow outside here. Very pretty!
Spoonville is pretty funny.
Can't imagine having that gorgeous shimmering sea so close to home.
You are keeping yourself busy and productive.

Fiona said...

You are making good use of your lockdown time..... lovely walks, sewing and knitting... orchids can be so resilient aren't they..... keep growing and even flowering in very tough conditions...
Hugz

Janice said...

You still seem to be busy in lockdown. The flowers are stunning and isn’t Spoonville nice and cheerful. As usual, you are being productive in the sewing room

Ondrea said...

A lovely walk you have shared with us. More gorgeous beanies. I loved that book and my mum is loving it right now.

jude's page said...

Lovely walk, the orchids are a hardy bunch aren't they, and I love the Spoonville photo, such fun.