Saturday, December 18, 2021

FNSI

Hubs and I were out at a Christmas dinner last night.

So a start was made early yesterday in the sewing room.  During the week cutting of  leftover fabric to make the binding for the toucan quilt took place.  It was decided to make a patchwork binding.  Each piece was cut 4" x 2 1/2".    Here they are all laid out on the cutting board in order ready to sew which took place yesterday.  

Last piece going under the needle.

All ironed and ready to attach.  

Two beanies finished during the week and the next one on the needles.




My quilting student sent me the following photo of her progress on the blue and white quilt.   The flowers are only just placed in the centre to give an idea of the finished item. 


There are plans to have another quilting day together early in the New Year.    The plan is to have all the blocks sewn by then.    It will be a matter of trimming up,  cutting borders and getting them sewn on.  It is then being sent off to a longarmer for quilting.      

Not a great deal has been happening in the sewing room this week as there have been a few Christmas get togethers with friends as well as writing Christmas cards, getting the last minute gifts and wrapping them.

Thank you Wendy for having us over on the 3rd Friday night of each month.    I hope that you will continue with your hospitality next year.    Don't forget to go over to Wendy's blog and visit those who took part in FNSI last night.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the scrappy binding you made for your toucan quilt.... and well done with the Beanies.... Always a busy time of the year with events....

Hugz

Jeanna said...

I've never seen patchwork binding before but I love it! Not sure how it happened but I missed Wendy's post for FNSI sign ups so I thought she was finished for the year. Well, it's still Friday here (US) so I have time to do some sewing after dinner. Enjoy your weekend!

Maria said...

I always keep all my bits of left over binding to make scrappy binding for the right quilts. Love them.
Nice to be able go out and about for hubby and you again…
Cute beanies…

Lin said...

I always love a scrappy binding. Nice work on your beanies. xx

Janice said...

You’ve achieved lots, considering the busy time of year. The scrappy binding will be nice and cheerful on your quilt.

dq said...

I am loving your little snowman quilt underneath the hat, but the hat is nice too.