Friday, January 7, 2022

FNwF

While rummaging through my red scraps and other bits and pieces during the week  I noticed that these unruly chickens were in need of a hen house.   

And the perfect piece was found to pen them in.

Hubs and I along with most other family and friends have put ourselves back into a mini self-imposed lockdown and only going out for essential purposes now that the daily number of COVID cases are increasing at an alarming rate - 38,625 reported cases today.      I was in one shop last week for a total of 10 minutes and received a "ping" from Service NSW alerting me  that a positive case was in the shop at the same time.   I have since had two other "pings" and again only in the shops for less than 15 mins each time.     

It was decided that rather than go out this morning some domestic duties would be tackled then an early start was made in the sewing room and those chickens are now rounded up yet free to peck safely.    

They will reside in my giftie box until they are sent off to a new home.

More red scraps pulled out to make another set of placemats also destined for the giftie box on completion.     These are leftovers from the HST challenge quilt which was completed last year. 


Time to head on over here to check out what the others who signed up to join in FNwF achieved while I go and organise some dinner for us.  

Linking with Put Your Foot Down
                      So Scrappy

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all 

15 comments:

Maria said...

Nice way to trap those chooks......

Chookyblue...... said...

You can never go wrong with chooks..... They look good....
Yes I'm only going out when necessary....I had a trip away mid Dec and got enough of those pings to scare me and it's gone off since then..... Numbers are terrible...... We have enough in our community here given the population..... Let alone who have not got tested as it's too hard......

Jeanette said...

They look great. Hugs, xx

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Those chooky placemats are eggcellent.
Oh those pings! Honestly, I barely go out these days - mainly to the supermarket or down to my local Big W or Kmart if I need something and I think every one of them has the red notice that I was there at the same time as a covid case.
Good idea to stay at home - the numbers are no longer accurate as they're not counting them properly any more so it's scary to think how high the 'actual' numbers are. Eek!!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful chook captures! Very good idea to stay at home. I did click and collect for groceries last week, just in case!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love the chicken placemats!

Ondrea said...

Love your chookies. I used to have a lot of chook fabrics. We have not been out and about since the beginning of the pandemic, just doing the necessary things. The numbers have surged due to a backlog of tests and the RATs results that were not reported. I suspect numbers are much higher than we know. Keep safe and keep stitching.

jude's page said...

What a great idea to have a giftie box, lovely projects and stay safe.

Susan said...

the chooks are so lovely

38,000 - eek - in QLd we are getting >10000 a day now - we had been doing OK until the borders were opened . . .

I stay in as much as I can too.

I forgot to post for FNWF and now can't remember what I did - might need to be a bit creative!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the chooks and their new enclosures.....yep scary times for us mature types xx

Susie H said...

Love your chicken fabric! Will make a fun gift one day.

Fiona said...

Love the mats... great way to get your chickens together. Its a bit of a worry that they know someone positive is in the shop.. surely they should ping them and tell them to be at home! I'm limiting going out where there are lots of people... still doing my small sewing groups though - I know they are all pretty sensible (at least I hope I'm right!!!)
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute chicken fabric ;) I love this beautiful and bright red fabric too!

Cheryll said...

My family just left after 3 weeks... now I can catch up on FNwF... xox

dq said...

Love the chicken fabric. I also love that you found it a permanent home.