Saturday, March 4, 2023

FNwF

Last night did not involve any stitching for me just the boring job of threading the cord through some library bags - you will read why nothing much happened later on in the post - that I have been sewing on and off over the last couple of weeks.   These bags will be filled with stationery items for young under privileged children in Sri Lanka.  

They will now be handed back to the co-ordinator and stored until August when there will be a huge packing effort over a couple of weeks in order for the items to be shipped and arrive in Sri Lanka in time for Christmas.

My utensil drawer has been driving me crazy for sometime now to the point that I seem to be having to pull half of its contents out in order to find something every time I reach into the drawer.


How embarrassing.   No more rummaging around in the drawer after a trip to the local shopping centre and parting with $15.00 I can now find everything at a glance.  


One of the "girls" in my small Tuesday quilting group had a birthday during the week and the four of us met up for lunch to celebrate her special day.   


My choice for lunch was prawn linguine.  A lovely venue, good food and good company is the recipe for a fun day out.   


Thanks Cheryll for having us around last night.   Pop on over here to see who else took part in FNwF.

I was on set up duty this morning for the hospital auxiliary stall but due to having a trip to the dentist yesterday afternoon and coming home "ligher" by one tooth with strict instructions not to bend, lift or do anything not necessary for the next 24 hours so it will be an easy day for me with a good book and soft foods.   I have to go back on Wednesday to have the stitch removed.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Jeanna said...

I have a few drawers that need organizing...maybe soon. Hope the next dental appointment goes well.

Tracy said...

Cleaning out my junk drawer is on my to-do list today. First I have to decide on which drawer as I think a few could come under the heading of junk drawer.
Ouch for the dental work.
The bags a re a lovely idea. I would like to do some more crafting with a purpose.

kiwikid said...

Well done with the drawer, ours were done when we renovated! Good luck with the tooth, hope the next appt goes well. Those bags are a great idea.

Ondrea said...

Oh my! A stitch required for a tooth extraction? I have never heard of that before. I hope you are not feeling too poorly. How wonderful making stationary bags for Sri Lanka. There are so many people in need all over the world. I keep my utensils in a utensil tin on the bench for easy access but they tend to tangle up sometimes.

Michell said...

I organized my drawers late last year as got sick of the clutter and done basically what you have. Easy to find everything now.

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better and not too much like you have been in a boxing ring... well done with the bags and cutlery draw... I need to do similar...

Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen ,well done on sorting out your drawers that’s something I need to do .good luck with your tooth and your meal looks yummy. Love those little bags well done KaRen 🌹🤍🌹

Susan said...

ooooh . ..dont like the dentist . . .but at least you gt a rest day!

My second drawer is like that too - every so often my husband gets so annoyed - he re-organsies it.

Great effort on the bags - even putting the cord in takes time.

Janice said...

It must feel so much better having your drawer organised. The bags are a great idea. Just as well your lunch wax before your trip to the dentist. I hope it all heals well.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

How wonderful that you make and send those bags to Sri Lanka. The drawer looks great! I have several drawers that could use that kind of attention. I hope your mouth heals up just fine. I hate dental pain...I hope you are feeling better.

jude's page said...

Dentists are not a lot of fun are they, but the book and time out sounds lovely. Good feeling to get organisation happening.