Saturday, June 17, 2023

The call has gone out....

From the Manly Branch of the CWA which is celebrating its 100th birthday in August.  It is the second oldest branch  in NSW.    Personally I find this amazing as Manly could not be any further  away from being "countryfied" but having said that it is a very active branch and well supported in the community.  

Anyway back to the call out.   In order to celebrate this momentous occasion they are hosting a "100 party" where they will have on display 100 tea cosies, 100 aprons and 100 different cakes to sample and enjoy.   Sounds like a good party.   The sales manager at our complex is a member of the Manly Branch and has put it out there for  any residents who may like to join in the fun to make a tea cosy, apron or bake something delicious.     

I knew that there was the perfect fabric lurking in my stash just waiting for the right project to come along.

And so a tea cosy was made when joining in FNSI

There was some wool wadding left over from my last quilt which was used so hopefully the tea in the pot will be kept nice and warm for quite a while after being made.  

I have marked the day in August in my diary and plan to attend.   It will be interesting to see the exhibition and of course enjoy some morning tea......I hope that they will have their  famous scones there. 

This audio book was playing while sewing away.    It was about a mother who went to extraordinary lengths to protect her son who as it turned out did not need her lies.    There were many twists and turns and just as you thought you had guessed who dunn it there was another twist thrown in.  

Bedtime reading is the latest Kate Morton Book "Homecoming" and I have to admit that it is hard to put down and find my hands wandering to it instead of starting book club book.   I have read quite a few of this author's books and enjoyed them all.

During the week hubs and I met up with friends for coffee - and cake of course - .....we could not get much closer to the sand if we tried.   

Even though it is well past autumn some of the deciduous trees around our area are still hanging onto their leaves.  The tree below reminds me of a set of traffic lights, green, amber and red.


I have found time to pick up the  knitting needles again and two more beanies have been finished off recently.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Fiona said...

Great tea cosy and perfect fabric for it..... what a lovely spot for a coffee catch up...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Excellent tea cosy and I do look forward to hearing how many of the 100 cakes you sample at the party.

Lin said...

Perfect fabric for a teacosy! Looks great. xx

Ondrea said...

I have that new Kate Morton book on my shelf waiting to be read. I have all of hers and love them all. Lovely tea cosey and beanies. Mmmmm 100 cakes!!!

kiwikid said...

Perfect fabric for the tea cosy, it looks wonderful Karen. Enjoy the show. I like Kate Morton books too.

Maria said...

Love your cute tea cosy and two more nice beanies too.
Lovely spot to met up for a cuppa and cake.

dq said...

Cute little tea cozy ad some nice hats. You have had busy hands
I have not heard of Kate Morton. I will have to check her out.

Janice said...

That does sound like some party the CWA will be hosting. The tea cosy turned out really nicely. It will be fun to see all the different styles. I have never read any of Kate’s books, but they do sound good.

Susan said...

Lovely tea cosy - very apt for a CWA event. I have that book sitting here...I need to read more...just need to sew too!