Saturday, August 5, 2023

FNwF

Did not entail doing any actual sewing but a list of what was in the  stall/giftie box was compiled and a list of what needs to be made was added to the end. 


Looking at what is on the list and having a quick "mental" run through of my stash me thinks that there will be enough fabric on hand in order not to have to buy anymore.   Time will tell...........

I did have to stop off at Spotty today (the first time that I have been near a fabric store in over 3 months) as my elastic stock needed replenishing and outside the shop was a gorgeous display of orchids organised  by the local orchid society.  As you can see there are quite a few prize winning specimens in the front of the photo.  


I was very good and only bought the said elastic and left.    

This month's book club book looks like it will be a good one.


Once I finish reading my current book it will be next on the read list.   


Three more toddler beanies were finished of during the week.


Don't forget to check out what others achieved last night when joining in FNwF.

Time to get myself moving as I am on set up duty for the hospital stall this morning at the local shopping centre.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

You have a good list there Karen. Nice to have a plan.

Janice said...

You’re getting very organised. You’ll love “ The Dressmakers”. It was one of the best books I’d read for some time.

kiwikid said...

You are very organised with the list and very disciplined not to come out with fabric!! I enjoyed the Dressmakers too.

Maria said...

Good luck with the list.
You were very good only buying the elastic at Spotty.
I also enjoyed the Dressermakers book.
Cute beanies...

Fiona said...

I loved the Prison Dressmaker book - I'm sure you will too..... lovely orchid display and great list there.... good luck with it ..

Hugz

Ondrea said...

The beanie queen strikes again. I can't read your list but it looks quite lengthy. More interesting books. Lol I haven't been to Spotlight or a fabric store since the onset of the pandemic. Have fun with your list.

Jeanna said...

You have a nice organized list going. Those beanies are adorable.

Susie H said...

Sweet beanies! I'm sure they will be bought up quickly. Have a good week!

jude's page said...

Good to have a list to keep you on track, will have to look out for that book

Chookyblue...... said...

you were very controlled at Spotlight......gorgeous orchids........and I enjoyed that book The Dressmakers of Yarrandarrah Prison......we did it as an audio book last year on a big drive....