Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Request finished

At the hospital auxiliary stall we sell a surprising amount of tea cosies - not being a tea drinker myself I find this quite amazing.   These tea cosies are  knitted with some crocheted but I have not seen a padded one.    The "stock control" person for the auxiliary also attended the CWA 100 party last month and saw the padded one that I made and asked me if I could make one for the next hospital auxiliary stall to see how it would sell.  Here is the result of that request


I will let you know after the October stall if it sold or not.  

During the week I was able to tick another item off the "to do list" for the Christmas market.    Time even allowed me to gift wrap and price them.  They now reside in the stall/giftie box.  


Christmas tablerunners are also on the "to do list"  and seeing that not everyone has a long table some tabletoppers will also be added.    I wanted to keep the design simple yet effective using only 2/3 fabrics and this design popped into my head the other day.  I am sure that it is not original and someone else would have come up with the idea but I drew it out and will work on it.  I want something around 16" x 16" when finished.  


It has been good weather to stay indoors and work in the sewing room as Sydney is in the middle of an extreme heatwave with some of the days this past week having the hottest September temperatures on record.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all   

5 comments:

kiwikid said...

Love the tea cosy. Good to stay inside when the weather is so hot. Great idea for the table runner.

Maria said...

Nice tea cosy . Does it have openings for the handle and spout?
Great to be getting on top of your to do list.
I believe there is a lot of hot weather expected over summer this year and next.

ButterZ said...

The tea cosy is cute. I have never made one before.

Jeanna said...

The tea cozy is adorable in that fabric. I think I would much prefer that type over one that is knitted or crocheted.

Janice said...

I think your stall is going to look lovely.