Sunday, August 25, 2024

May your bobbin be always full

Which is something that rarely happens around here so I took time out from the sewing machine to wind bobbins, bobbins and more bobbins.


That should keep me going for a while.

A couple of small quilts were finished off during the week.


This was the quilt that Miss M put the squares together when she was staying with us during the July school holidays.


This audio book has been playing along side the sewing machine.


More reading material from the library


While putting the shopping away this morning an email arrived in from Chooky advising that a Zoom session was about to take place......perfect timing as I have been out and about when the last couple of Zoom sessions have taken place.     There were only a few of us on but it was an enjoyable time none the less.


Time to go and organise some lunch and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Ondrea said...

Lovely finishes and lots of bobbins ready to go. Great pile of books to read. Enjoy. I looked at my emails too late re Zoom session.

Lin said...

Chooky's invites usually arrive after I have switched my computer off for the night and I miss out. Nice quilts and good to have bobbins ready to go. xx

ButterZ said...

Sorry I wasn’t able to join in zoom

Susan said...

Its always a good plan to wind a few bobbins at a time!
Chooky's invites have not coincided with my free time lately -I am always sorry to miss the zooms

Maria said...

Great to have your bobbins filled. I have a QE 570 Bernina and that has BIG bobbins.
Lovely kids quilts.
Was nice to catch up in Zoom today.

Sharm said...

Hi Karen - it was lovely getting to meet you on zoom yesterday morning. Sorry I had to leave early ( preparing for a scope today at hospital) - love the little quilts you’ve made which we talked about. I’ll get a post done today either before or after the hospital visit re the sewing room progress

loulee said...

It's always good to have plenty of prewound bobbins.

Janice said...

It was nice to catch up briefly on Zoom yesterday. The kids quilts turned out well. You’re all set for plenty of sewing with all those bobbins wound. I’ve read Nowhere Child. I can’t really remember the story line, but I enjoyed it.

Fiona said...

Its great when you can just sew and not stop to fill bobbins.... lovely cheerful quilts
Hugz