Saturday, October 19, 2024

A mini Sewcation and FNSI

Back in April I gave myself a three day "sewcation" with the view of having another one soon however the year has just skidded by and somehow it did not happen until the other day when my Tuesday afternoon quilt group was cancelled so I saw this as the opportunity to turn it into a mini sewcation for a day and as there were no pressing matters that needed to be attended to on the Wednesday morning it turned out to be a day and half of uninterrupted sewing.  This is what was achieved

Two small quilts bound


Three small quilts had their borders sewn on


As the supply of bibs for the hospital auxiliary stall is running low it was time to cut more out


Lining up the left over fabrics from the bibs to cut more squares while in cutting mode.


A pile of  cut squares on the right side of the photo and left over left overs for the scrap baskets on the left side of the photo.


Three beanies that had been knitted but just needed their pom poms made and attached.


And while the sewcation was happening this audio book was playing alongside me.


I was pleased with my sudden and unexpected mini sewcation and what was achieved.   I cannot see another one happening until next year but who knows.

When joining in with FNSI 3 more beanies were cast onto the needles.


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

No comments: