Sunday, July 26, 2015

Quilt Retreat

I have just returned from the annual quilt retreat of Eastwood Patchwork Quilters and this year we headed off to Kurri Kurri which is a rural town in the Hunter Valley of NSW.   I spent a few days beforehand preparing what I was planning on doing.   All cut and ready to go.


This is the sewing room that we had during the 3 days which had very good lighting as well as being spacious as there were 40 of us all working on different projects.
  

Some progress is being made on my items.


All this sewing makes one very hungry and I have to admit that I had far too much to eat.....how can one resist when all these goodies for morning and afternoon just keep on coming out.   It would be very rude not to partake when the staff have gone to such a lot of trouble.


To balance out sitting and sewing as well as eating I took myself off for a couple of walks around the property and met up with a few of the kangaroos that call the area home.   If you look closely at the photo below you will see the tail of the joey sticking out it is mother's pouch.


A large goanna sunning itself on a brick wall

I am pleased to say that I did manage to make 2 quilt tops as well as quilt and bind them so I was very happy with my efforts over the 3 days.  


 
These quilts are for sick children at the local hospital and I will deliver them to the coordinator this week for distribution.    Now onto my next project  and in the meantime
Happy sewing all

2 comments:

Käthe said...

Zwei wunderschöne Quilttops hast du genäht !
Darüber werden sich die Kinder freuen.
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Ondrea said...

Oh my! You must have had a wonderfully productive time. Plenty of food, friends and stitching is always such fun. Love your quilts. I am about to use a pack of charm squares to make a baby quilt . How did you quilt yours?