Friday, April 1, 2016

FNwF

I had a few free hours this afternoon after doing the domestics this morning and decided to make an early start on my FNwF sewing.    I am in the process of sewing up a few of those garments that I cut out over the Easter break  but  can only go so far.    I will see Miss M during the week and  need to do a fitting for the length of the pants.

 
Next was making a start on a warm top.   So far I have only sewn the shoulder seams and put in the neck ribbing.    I want to fit it over her head to make sure it is not too tight and measure the side seams before inserting the sleeves.


I hope my model is in a co-operative mood when I see her.  

Time for a coffee break and a pikelet or two before making a start on my next project.

I am looking forward to getting my blue and white half squares triangle blocks next week but in the meantime another  member of my quilt group  is making a Christmas tree skirt and has requested hexagons with whatever on them.    She provided the template size for the hexagon and I chose to applique a Christmas tree on it.


Hubs has requested a new man bag with a few different requirements which I measured it out this afternoon and plan to get it cut out tomorrow.

I am pleased with my early start and what I got through this afternoon.     To see what others got up to head on over to Gone Stitching to see a feast of lovelies.

Back soon and in the meantime

 Happy sewing all


No comments: