Tuesday, July 30, 2019

I don't believe it

There I was busy chain piecing apron neck and waist straps  - quite  a mindless job - when I happened to look down and noticed that I had sewn one and half strips - well over a metre - without any bobbin thread.  


That will teach my mind to wander to what was going to be cooked for dinner that night and other trivial matters.  

It would be nice if  sewing machine manufacturers could devise a mechanism which would stop the machine when the bobbin ran out even though I do have a top loading bobbin with  clear plastic over the top of it this is not the first time that this has happened to me.    Very annoying to say the least.   Note to self - concentrate on the job at hand.

However my day was brightened when going to the letterbox there was a parcel with my name on it and upon opening it this is what was inside


One of these lovely set of placemats (I have used the actual photo from June's blog) was sent to me by June from June's Jottings which she had made from fabric bought on her recent travels into the Red Centre and onto Darwin.   She has even made a smaller mat for Miss M.     I had been admiring them on her blog recently and little did I know that a set would be coming my way.  Lucky me.

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all



6 comments:

Fiona said...

oooops!! I had to have a laugh though (it is quite funny). I sewed the borders on a quilt and picked it up to show off and they fell right down - no bobbin thread. I believe some of the new whizz bang machines do have a warning system beep
Lovely mats, fabric mats are a favourite here... so useful and wash well...

Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen oh noo i have done that too,mind wondering thinking of other things,yes i agree the machine's should tell you when the bobbin runs out.
Oh wow those mats are amazing and what a lovely gift from June xx

Ondrea said...

Such a lovely gift. Lol, I have run out of bobbin thread on many occassions . There should be a beeper or something to alert us when it is nearly empty. I have also sewn with the top thread over the foot instead if under it!

Maria said...

Oh Yes I've often run out of bobbin and kept sewing. There is a machine that has a beeper like Fiona said but i'm not sure which brand....
Such a great parcel to receive in the post....

June's Jottings said...

Karen I had you in mind for these placemats right from when I purchased the fabric, and thankfully I managed to get out the number of placemats that I did.

I know what you mean by your bobbin running out - for me, it is usually 1 or 2 inches from the end of what I am doing, so, so frustrating!!

Bethan said...

Argh that's so annoying! I find the toploading more difficult to spot if the bobbin runs out as material tends to cover it x