Sunday, May 31, 2020

May WOOFA Challenge

My challenge this month did not actually involve sewing but it did involve my sewing room.    For more than ???????? years I have been using the couch in my sewing room as a holding bay for all those items, fabrics and projects that are in either the idea stage, the soon to be tackled stage, I will get back to that later stage or I do not know that to do with it stage as can be seen below.


On and off during the month time was spent sorting into various bags, boxes and drawers all of the above mess.    Now I have designated spots for all stages of creating and a lovely big space to sit and do research for future projects.


Head on over to Cheryll's blog to see what others achieved during May for their WOOFA challenge.

My couch has remained clutter free for over two weeks but I have to admit that I have had to stop myself from putting bits and pieces on it from time to time.

More fabric for girls skirts was delivered during the week.    These are for 10 year old girls.   There are some pretty pieces in this bundle.


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Cheryll said...

That's fantastic Karen...well done.
Every so often we just have to have a "clean up/organise" ...don't we.
Love the new clear space... so congrats on achieving your WOOFA this month... xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Karen...looking guilty gazing at one end of my sofa lol!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen well done ,looks like a great place to relax and stitch and not to mention that your fabrics would be in order xx

Maria said...

That's a great achievement for May's WOOFA challenge ... well done Karen....
Enjoy making those lovely skirts for the girls....

chrisknits said...

I definitely need to find places for all my piles of stuff! Maybe that's the goal for June, put it away!!

Fiona said...

Great to have that spot cleaned up.... much easier to work that way!! now to start going through the bags and making up the projects....
Hugz