Sunday, December 27, 2020

Best of 2020

Cheryl over at Meadow Mist designs is hosting her annual blog link party where we can showcase what we consider to be our "best 5 blog posts in 2020".    It was fun going back through the year and seeing what was posted and achieved.   I did not undertake any big quilts but stayed with mainly smaller items and did try out two new techniques to me.    The first being  my version of a fabric collage which had been on the "to do list" for over 12 months.   

The next technique was to try and make a small landscape quilt.    

I was given a bundle of  batik fabrics and turned them into a tablerunner using the pineapple blossom block.   


My next favourite was a couple of mini quilts to add to my collection. 
  

And last on the list was a double oven mitt.   I did end up making 3 of them.  


Don't forget to go over here to  see lots of "eye candy" and maybe even pick up an idea or three for future sewing projects.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

17 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your shoe quilt, so pretty! Fun mini quilts too ;)
It was a great year, nice to learn new skills!

jude's page said...

Your fabric collage is so cute, well done

Cheryl said...

Great finishes for 2020, The high heeled shoe looks awesome!

Calicojoan said...

I love your projects. Mini's are so much fun and what a great way to play. Happy 2021!

Quilting Gail said...

The pink shoe really got my attention!
Your mini quilts are great!

Dawn said...

I absolutely love your quilted shoe! I read your post about it and am tickled that you totally wound updoing your own thing in creating it.

kiwikid said...

Lovely to look back on your creations for the year.

Janice said...

How good to look back and revisit your fun creations.

Maria said...

Lovely to look back at your favorite posts and finishes..

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have made some lovely projects Karen. I think we don't realise how much we have done until we see them together. Xx

Mel Beach said...

Such a great mix of techniques and finishes for 2020! Looks like you had a lot of fun along the way!

Izzy said...

I'm in love with that pink shoe quilt!! I'm going to have to investigate that whole "collage" business. :-)

Fiona said...

How fun going back to see what was popular... all lovely quilts so I'm not surprised...
Hugz

dq said...

The high heel shoe is my favorite!

Heide said...

Fantastic finishes in 2020. Looking forward to see what 2021 has in store.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW glad you shared that landscape. I missed that post. LOVE that little quilt!

JanineMarie said...

What fun projects! The shoe just really makes me smile, and since I love making landscape quilts, I was really attracted to yours. They are such a neat way to commemorate vacations or favorite places. Have a healthy new year!