Friday, October 8, 2021

3 More Sleeps to Go and....

Hopefully this will be the last week that Sydneysiders will be in lockdown.   We have not been able to live a normal life or even what resembles normality regarding access to shops, hairdressers, visiting family and friends, eating in restaurants and other everyday activities that we took for granted in the past since the 26th June - more than 100 days. 

Now that the target has been reached of 70% of the NSW population being double vaccinated things are going to start opening up on Monday 11th October with some restrictions still in place ie limits to the number of people inside venues, mask wearing and checking in with QR codes.    A small price to pay to be able to start living again. 

During the week I started a new book


Made a batch of pikelets

Went for my first swim of the season.  I did fully submerge after taking the selfie.  


Put the binding on one of the baby capsule covers.


Miss M celebrated her 8th birthday today.   Sadly no party this year but we did a "screen party".


I have been busy making a list of all the things that are needed and wanted to buy when the shops re-open.   


It is written on both sides of the paper and hubs has been warned that I will be missing for a few days while catching up on lost retail therapy time.     I know that you can shop on line and do so for my groceries but for all other items my eyes enjoy the pleasure of the experience.   

Time to head off and unload the washing machine that is beeping in the background.

Linking with Put Your Foot Down
                      Finished or Not Friday
                      So Scrappy

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

UPDATE

My hairdresser has just phoned and I have an appointment to see her on Monday.    I am over the moon.   

16 comments:

Janice said...

It will be such a relief for you to finally be able to get out and about next week. I’m sure the shops will be happy to see everyone again. It’s a beautiful day here, but still nowhere near warm enough to swim outside.

ButterZ said...

Good luck with going out and about. We are going in to lockdown at midnight for 7 days.

Maria said...

Great to have an appointment for your haircut. Bet it’s first on your list…..
No swimming here yet still quiet cold in the mornings..
Lucky you can still celebrate Miss Ms BD on line…..
Nice little finish…

Chookyblue...... said...

I know you feel like your getting your freedom but I feel like this is my last weekend of freedom before people are going everywhere from the cities and I worry what will happen with covid then...... As we all know people can still get it even if they are vaccinated. Haven't been doing for forever....... Well before the lockdowns... I think I was due about then when you went into lockdown....... Really not sure about being in busy places with lots of people so I'll wait longer to see what happens....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to get an appt with your hairdresser. You will enjoy getting back to something like normal. Here si hoping the virus doesn't spread everywhere once people start moving around around again.

Cheryll said...

Yes... where would we be without our lists. I've certainly started mine for Monday...
Fingers crossed that we all stay safe once we open up...I know I'm looking forward to seeing the DD in Wollongong BEFORE she has the baby... so I've crossed ALL my body parts...xox

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good luck getting out and about again! You're right, shopping is much more fun in person. Congrats on the baby cover and the hair appointment!

Fiona said...

Exciting for you..... NSW has had some changes lately. Lovely to see you in the pool... your curl is going great but I guess it will come off!! haha... We just have to start opening up - of course it is a bit scary too .... enjoy the hair cut and shopping trip!

Hugz

Annette Mandel said...

Ahhh. Fabric stroking is a wonderful idea!! Enjoy yourself

Ondrea said...

Enjoy your post lockdown experience but still be careful and mindful. We are coming up to our 10th week of lockdown this time around. So many long lockdowns here. Your baby capsule blanket is lovely. The book looks good. Enjoy the week ahead.

Linda said...

Enjoy having a bit more freedom. I live in the UK and we had three very long lockdowns so I understand your emotion and your delight at hearing about your hair appointment!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - things are sure different over there! I am glad you will be able to get out and about - all your projects looks fun - the baby cover is cute!

Preeti said...

Sweet little quilt. Swimming sounds lovely. Hope things are back to normal soon.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Shopping IS more fun in person. I hope you enjoy being out and about again. I also hopes that the days of isolating in such mass numbers is behind us! What a sweet little quilt you created!

jude's page said...

Enjoy your freedom, I am sure the other states will be watching with interest to see how it goes. I tend to agree a bit with Chooky, and wonder whether it will spread worse??

dq said...

Lovely pool! Glad you could go for a swim.