Saturday, October 2, 2021

A COVID Curl and FNWF

All my life I have had straighter than straight hair despite all the efforts of my mother when I was a baby of applying CurlyPet to encourage curls to appear and me eating up all my crusts  as a small child those elusive curls never did happen but behold about 6 weeks ago a miracle happened - a curl has appeared.

Could it be  all that lotion  applied by mum and those eaten crusts have finally paid off after 60+ years, or is it the fact that I have not had my hair cut since early June or is it a side effect of the "jab".    If that is the case then will a second curl appear within the next week or so as I had my second jab during the week.   Watch this space.    

Last night it was FNWF and I did have a plan or two but only got as far as sandwiching and pinning another baby capsule/pram cover.  It now sits on the sewing table ready for quilting.    Don't forget to go over to Cheryll's blog to see what other the crafters who joined in achieved last night.  

When on my walk yesterday I came across these beauties in the garden.


Time to head off and start the day which looks to be another stunner.    I did notice yesterday that the cover has been taken off the outdoor swimming pool  - in accordance with NSW Health regulations outdoor pools can now be used again - and I did put my hand in to feel the temperature which felt quite pleasant.    I am tempted to try it out very soon if this warmer weather stays with us.   

Back soon and in the meantime
  

Happy sewing all


15 comments:

Susan said...

Like me - very straight hair...looking forward to seeing if you get more than one curl!
Friday Nights are fun when we can sew - but pinning is just as essential.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Yay for curls! Gosh I'm ready for a hair cut too. Hairdressers are going to be flat out for the next few months.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice baby quilt, with or without curls, sewing with others is always fun.

ButterZ said...

Oh the pool sounds very tempting. Oh I am so overdue for a hair cut.

Sharon - IN said...

One little curl, but not in the middle of your forehead. Cute baby quilt!

Cheryll said...

Hairdresser... what's a hairdresser???
Was lovely to have your company at FNwF & good luck finishing the baby cover...xox

Fiona said...

Oh Congratulations on the curl! haha .... funny what our hair does over the years. the baby quilt is sweet .... I'm not ready for swimming just yet...

Hugz

kiwikid said...

I am lucky and have been able to go to the hairdresser...maybe more curls will appear for you. The baby quilt looks great, enjoy your swimming.

Maria said...

Hairdressers will be very busy when you all get out of lock down and they have many curls to cut......
Sweet baby quilt and a beautiful flower...
Did you go for your swim?

Ondrea said...

I hope the vaccine doesn't make my hair curl! I am always trying to straighten mine lol. The baby quilt is sweet. A very ptoductive gal again.

Chookyblue...... said...

Enjoy your curl.... Pretty straight here also .....
That flower is beautiful....

Jeanna said...

I've never had any curls and still don't after my 'jabs' LOL. Your pram cover is adorable. I enjoy seeing what everyone creates during Cheryll's FNwF.

Jeanette said...

Sweet baby quilt. Keep us posted about the curls. Hugs, xx

Susie H said...

Cute little baby quilt. Has another curl appeared yet????

Preeti said...

Beautiful blooms. Wonder what they are called. I too have absolutely straight hair and intrigued by the appearance of your curl(s).