Friday, March 25, 2022

The yellow scrap basket

 Was raided over the past weeks.   And those scraps now look like this.


The bibs will be added to the other scrap bibs made for the previous months rainbow scrap challenges and the bowl cosies are for my market day stall.    

You can head on over to the Joyful Quilter to see more yellow flowers Table scraps.

The last items to be made for my market day stall were four more cross body bags.

Below is the updated list of items that have been sewn over the past 5 weeks.    I could have added many more but where do you stop?

Well market day is tomorrow and the forecast is for a wet day .   There are plans for guided walking tours to the waterfall and around the gardens which will need to be reviewed as well as a sausage sizzle and other outdoor activities  - maybe the forecast will be wrong - we can only hope.   The stalls are inside right next to the coffee shop so no worry there only having a lot of stock leftover......future birthday and Christmas presents for sometime to come.  

There were two goals for March - one to get all the items completed on my ideas list for Maket Day and secondly to sew up three yellow RSC bibs - both of which were achieved.   You can see more OMG here.

This book was started during the week and it is proving to be a real page turner as I cannot wait to find out what the mystery is behind the original art work.   

Finished off a beanie that has been on the needles and sadly neglected for a couple of weeks.

I ordered the most delicious meal the other day when hubs and I went out for lunch.


It consisted of kale, roast pumpkin, beetroot hommus, wild rice, pomegrante and avocado.   There is the option to add chicken, salmon or falafel but I was battling to finish the bowl without any more additions.   I will certainly be ordering this one again when we return to the venue.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

16 comments:

Janice said...

All the best for tomorrow. Let’s hope the weather gods play nice for you. I read that book and loved it. I won’t be a spoiler about the end. You’ll just have to wait till you get there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute scrappy bibs, Karen, and I know someone will buy those bowl cozies straight away! Best of luck with your market booth. That product list is really something! It looks like you've got a great selection of items on offer. Thanks for joining the March 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party!!

Kathy S. said...

Good luck at market day. Bowl cozies are a big hit around here.

loulee said...

Good luck at the market. I hope the weather is good.

grammajudyb said...

Hope your market day is a success! I’m sure Easter bags and ballet bags will sell! And the weather may send more folks indoors! Good luck!

Cheryll said...

Fingers crossed that the weather gods play NiCe...xox

Fiona said...

Have a great day at the market stall - you have a lovely range in your stock. That meal looks just the sort of thing I would love too...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I sure hope the days goes well for you..........

Janet O. said...

I hope all goes well and the weather cooperates for you!
You have certainly prepared well.
The food looks enticing, except for the avocado, to which I am very allergic. But I love the sound of the rest of it.

Maria said...

Fingers crossed for a nice day tomorrow and I’m sure there’ll be more markets to sell any left over projects you made.

kiwikid said...

Hope the sale day goes well for you, you have been so productive.

Ondrea said...

How did your stall go yesterday? I hope you sold heaps and the weather was good. Love that big pom pom on the beanie. The book looks very interesting.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Karen, cute bibs and bowl cosies!

Angie in SoCal said...

Such cute bibs! Will have to try a couple with all the baby fabric we have left from baby quilts. Which pattern did you use, Karen?

ButterZ said...

Good job with your stall. What do you put on the back of the bibs. Flannelette??????

Deb A said...

Hope the market day went well. You had some lovely offerings.