Thursday, July 28, 2022

Double Dashing, Purple scraps and a Question

The churn dash blocks for my two placemats were completed last month - they are now sandwiched,  pinned and ready to quilt.   That is the next question - how do I quilt churn dash blocks?    

While pondering that question the matching tablemat was cut and constructed.  Instead of making separate blocks for the topper it was decided to make it a double churn dash.     Because I was using a fat quarter bundle there was not enough fabric to cut the strips for the second round so another fabric from the bundle was chosen.   I have been able to incorporate the extra fabric into the placemats so hopefully it will not look odd when they are finished and on the table as a set.     


The topper now awaits sandwiching and pinning with the same question applying - how to quilt it.   

Putting those aside for the moment the purple slabs are now bibs.


A question re Blogger - is anyone else having the problem of comments not showing up on their blog yet receiving emails that comments have been made?      This has been happening for a couple of weeks now and it has been happening each time with the same people commenting.    I have checked Settings and "anyone can comment" is highlighted.   Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Linking with Joyful Quilter

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Lin said...

Sorry I can't help with the blogger problem. Your double churn dash looks great as do those cute bibs. xx

ButterZ said...

No, I haven’t heard of that blogger problem. Great idea for the churn dash.

Maria said...

I’m also not having that problem with blogger but there are still some I can’t leave a comment on.
I’d ditch the Churn Dash blocks.
Nice purple bibs.

Deb A said...

I have not noticed the blogger issue. No help on the quilting ideas but they are cute blocks. Nice bibs as well.

Deb A said...

I just had the comment issue happen! If you go into manage your blog - under comments you can mark it as Not Spam and publish it to the blog. Hope that helps.

Susan said...

Your churn dash looks great with the dark corners.
Sorry, no clues about quilting - though I think a star or something in the middle could work well . . .???

I don't think I've had that problem - but two comments that I tried to post tonight - on other blogs - just sat there . . and didn't post
darn annoying . .

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty PURPLE bibs with the July 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Karen! Orange is up next. Are you ready?

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Karen, those are really cute bibs!

Fiona said...

Love your churn dash blocks... and the bibs look great.... did you sort out your comments? I had to put mine on 'moderate' as comments weren't being emailed and so I have to go into the dashboard to ok them before they show... not sure if that happened to you...
Hugz

Janice said...

I ended up setting comments to be moderated again. It is the only way I can see then. Grrr Blogger! Good luck working out how to quilt the churn dash. Just in the ditch???

Chookyblue...... said...

The double looks good..... Quilt in the ditch?