Friday, April 26, 2024

A Sewcation

I decided last weekend that I should give myself a few days "sewcation" seeing that all the domestics were caught up with and after having been out everyday last week with Miss M while she stayed with us.  When checking the calendar there was nowhere that I needed to be on any particular day and as I needed to catch up on my Chookshed challenge #9 as well as try and get a few of those small quilts that were in various stages of progress finished this week was the time to do it.  

First up my Chookshed challenge #9  which was to make some small snap top bags is now completed. (One of them has already been gifted)  You can see more  No 9 finishes over at Dreamworthy Quilts.   Now to see which  challenge numbers comes up for May.  


Two tops that had been pinned ready for quilting are now both finished.



More cutting, pinning, quilting and binding ended up as two "I spy" quilts

While cutting some of the fabrics I kept cutting and now have a pile of 6" cut squares to be used in future.   

Both of these audio books kept me company while in the sewing room.


I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at home "sewcation" and will definitely be making this a more regular activity.   I did make sure that we had a couple of lunches out and when cooking meals of a night my one pan dinners were on the menu to minimise time spent in the kitchen and gain more time in the sewing room. This  pasta, chicken, carrot, onion and bok choy along with cashews is a favourite both to eat and cook.  

It was 3 years ago this week that hubs and I moved from our home of 45 years to where we are living now.  Of course we had to celebrate  this "anniversary" - where have those 3 years gone.  

Just happened to look out of the bedroom window around 6 am and saw this colourful sunrise

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all


9 comments:

Susan said...

That is a perfect way to catch up on projects.

Maria said...

That’s so good to have a day catching up with all your sewing and also getting more cut .
Looks like two great books.
Dinner looks good too.
Beautiful sunrise 🌄

Lin said...

You made great use of your time. Those little bags are so useful and the quilts are gorgeous. Happy anniversary! xx

ButterZ said...

Beautiful sunrise. Good on you to make time to hide away and sew.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely finishes karen...and a beautiful sunset

Janice said...

Your sewcation sounds like a fabulous idea. You definitely made the most of it. I can’t believe it is 3 years since your move.

Chookyblue...... said...

a sewcation sounds wonderful and you got lots done........
Wow 3 years already where had that gone.......

dq said...

Three years, wow! I cannot imagine moving from a home of 45 years to somewhere else. I hope you have been happy about the change.
I love those snap bags and enjoy making and using them myself. Great idea to give yourself a sewcation - very clever!

Fiona said...

A sewcation is a great plan and you achieved lots...
Hugz