Saturday, June 15, 2024

42 bags later

Was the number of bags that were cut from that length of fabric in my last post.  Here they all are finished off  which happened yesterday afternoon as the rain tumbled down yet again.   I think that it took longer to sew the drawstring channels with the sewing machine than it did to sew the entire bag with the overlocker.  

They are now all packed up and waiting to be passed back to the co-ordinator at the end of the month.

After some hunting and gathering in the supermarket this morning it will be back into the sewing room again this afternoon as it looks like another wet, cold and miserable day ahead of us.  

Back soon and in the meantime

  Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh dear - I have just commiserated with Lin in the UK about the miserable weather...you best move up here...beautiful sunshine!!!

Good work on the bags...I'm sure you are pleased to have them off the To Do list.

Lin said...

Lovely to get all those bags done. More rain, more sewing. That's the best you can say for it. xx

ButterZ said...

Great job doing so many bags. Oh the weather. It is so cold here too. I’m not liking it but no chance of me going outside so I will just have to sew….

Ondrea said...

Another major achievement.

dq said...

Busy bag lady! What a great donation they will be.

Fiona said...

Well done on all those bags!!
Hugz