Monday, September 1, 2014

Creative Challenge

Last month Clare from  http://clarescraftroom.blogspot.com.au/ issued a challenge which I took up.  It involved a picture and a colour.     When I received my email from Clare I must say I was a bit stumped on what to do with what I was given so I sat on it for a few days and suddenly in the middle of the night I remembered that I had some fabric which would go admirably with the picture and some fabric that would go with the colour.      Here is my colour

And here is my picture


And this is what I decided to make

I like a good size potholder to grab off hot lids with and also one that you can put a casserole dish on straight from the oven.

Thank you Clare for issuing a fun challenge and now I am off to see what everyone else has come up with.

5 comments:

Jody Herbert said...

A lovely potholder.

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

Don't you love it when you have all the supplies required to create something beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

That chair fabric was a great find! Your very cute potholder would go wonderfully in my dining room (I have those chairs in real life!)

Unknown said...

How perfect! Thanks so much for playing x

Jan Quigley said...

That's so cute, I love the chair fabric & what a nice useful make. I scanned down your page & I also love The Rocks. I had spinning lessons there in the 70's. I was married in the Garrison Church & had my wedding reception at The Argyle Tavern. I loved the Argyle Centre in the 70's & 80's it was so full of crafters & artisans. I went back about 10 years ago & it was almost deserted.