Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bondi Icebergs

Is where hubs and I ventured to for lunch for this weeks outing on our $2.50 transport ticket.    We caught the bus to Manly, then the ferry to Circular Quay,  the bus to Bondi Beach for a short walk to the famous Bondi Iceberg  club.

 
This was a first visit for hubs and he was not disappointed.  

It was a lovely mild day so  we decided  to sit outside on the balcony

      
Where we could overlook the pool

And watch the surf roll in

Time to order lunch and we were both very happy with our choices.  Hubs opted for the fish and chips

And I went for the roasted pumpkin, beetroot, green beans, cherry tomatoes and pinenut salad with a light hommus dressing.   Delicious I have to say.


After a coffee and a bit more sea gazing it was time to make our way back home.  

I am pleased to say that I have made good progress on the bedtopper which has been a WIP for longer than I would have liked.    It has been sandwiched and partially quilted.    I need to make a trip somewhere to buy a white marker so that I can mark out the design on the borders.   The fabric is quite dark and the pink pen that I have is not showing up very well.

I hope to be very in the next few days with some piccies of its progress and in the meantime

  Happy sewing all




4 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Good to have a cheap transport ticket and even better that you use it. Looks like a lovely outing and scrumptious food!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a lovely day you and hubby had,those meals look yummy xx

Liz said...

Looks like a most enjoyable day out. In all my trips to Sydney I do not think I have been to the Icebergs.need to put it on my to do list. Looking forward to the UFO finish.

Ondrea said...

I must say that your salad looks rather yummy. You got me thinking how long ago I visited Circular Quay last.... ummm let's just say a few decades lol.