Friday, June 15, 2018

Purse size


Or shopping size


Now that plastic shopping bags will no longer be available at the end of the month it will be necessary to have reusable bags available at all times and while I do have a good supply of fabric shopping bags none of them can be folded up and tucked into a pocket on the front keeping them neat and tidy in my handbag.   This problem was solved today when I made the above bag and of course I could not stop at one.      I have had this aqua fabric in my stash for quite sometime and I thought it would make a pretty bag and even better  as it is the colour for this month's Rainbow Scrap challenge. 


And after making these two another 3 were cut out.  As you can see they are all pinned where necessary and the plan is to sew these up tomorrow.


Thanks Wendy for hosting another fun FNSI.

Linking with Finished or Not Friday, So Scrappy and Oh Scrap.
Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a great idea these are and love how small they fold up to,hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely project using the RSC Color of the Month!! SEW useful!!!

Ivani said...

Super practical and useful

Laura said...

Pretty and useful! Love the bags!

Cheryll said...

What a great idea...
Where did you get the pattern...or did you make it up yourself?
If so you are a clever girl... xox

Linda said...

A super idea. Any dea where I could find the pattern? They would make excellent gifts, especially for Patchwork friends.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful and useful....lovely! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog post also Karen x

Ondrea said...

They are lovely. Where did you get the pattern from?

Deb A said...

What great bags! So handy to have.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great idea, love this cute bag!

Cathy said...

Great bags! So glad to hear they’re banning plastic bags in your area. Wish they’d do it everywhere. Think of how pretty everyone’s bags could be!

Susie H said...

Nicely done! Much more fun to shop with pretty bags! *wink*

Katie Z. said...

What lovely bags! I do like to keep a few folded up in my purse as well, and sometimes extra in my trunk.

Cathy said...

Oh, now you will be shopping in style! Cute!



Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

We haven't had plastic in my town for years now. I far prefer the fabric kind now. They are prettier and hold so much more. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap!

Helen said...

Great bags,so handy to have them with you when you go shopping.

ChezVies said...

Lovely shopping bag! I always try to carry one but often I forget and have to pay extra for plastic one :(.

Bethan said...

Beautiful material and a great use for it x