Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Winter garden colour

A walk around my garden over the weekend proved to be colourful experience even though we are nearly at the end of the first month of winter.

First up is a bromeliad which gives a lovely splash of red in amongst some ferns.


This azalea which is near my sewing room flowers for the majority of the year


These colourful succulents have self seeded from where I do not know and provide a pretty cover in front of the garden fence.


My bambino bougainvillea obviously loves the spot that it has up against the front wall where it gets sun for most of the day


And lastly my Chinese tallow tree which by now should be just bare branches still has many green leaves as well as a mixture of yellow and deep red.


I hope that you enjoyed your stroll around my winter garden.   I am glad  these photos were taken on Saturday as it has not stopped raining since and even though the colour is still there it is looking very wet and dull.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all





3 comments:

Ondrea said...

Such a lovely garden. My lemon tree now has some fruit on it, but my potted plants are not doing well. I have empty pots in my little courtyard area waiting for me to fill. I don't really feel inclined to venture out in this weather.

Julierose said...

You have such lovely flowers...here, we have more deer than flowers (dessert for them--so i just have peonies, daffs, and marigolds and iris to work with) Stay warm--hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen you have a beautiful garden my friend thankyou for sharing your beautiful flowers xx