Monday, July 2, 2018

The aim is....

To cut out the white/cream and coloured fabrics into 2 1/2" squares.   Each block will use 4 coloured and 4 white squares and once sewn together they will  then be bordered with the black/white fabrics.  These are the fabrics that I have chosen to use.  


I am going off to a quilt retreat at the end of the month and from my past experiences at quilt retreats it is best to go with most of the fabrics - if not all - cut ready to sew as space is very limited.   In past years there have been around 35 ladies attending however this year there are 51 going so you can see what I mean about limited space.

Some of the fabrics have already been cut but most not so I will make my OMG for July to cut out the fabrics and hopefully have something nice to show at the end of the quilt retreat.     Definitely not a finish but perhaps a good start.

Back soon with progress shots and maybe even a trial block and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen lovely fabrics you will be all organised for quilt camp,well done my friend xx

Maria said...

It's good to have your projects cut and ready for retreat..
Look forward to seeing what you make.

Ondrea said...

Good plan. I always had everything prepared when I went to retreats. One tends to get more done then between chatting and eating lol.

Patty said...

Love quilt retreats - enjoy yours! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.